Released: Sep 25, 2012.
- Fixed passenger transport behavior when given the transport passengers order and no valid targets exist. Used to drift aimlessly, now orbits nearest planet.
- Fixed minor UI issue with selecting fleets and having ships not appear at times in the selection window.
- Fixed a bug where the AI was ordering refits of the player's ships when new technologies are unlocked.
- Fixed a crash bug related to targeting.
- Fixed a bug where the AI thought it had way more ships available than it does after loading a save. This error results in task forces with several ships added multiple times.
- Fixed a rarer crash related to beam weapons.
- Fixed ship design load screen to use the proper icons.
- Changed AI to reserve a portion of its fleet strength at all times. Previously would use any ships in the force pool to accomplish goals and would sometimes leave its vital systems completely undefended.
- Changed interceptor behavior to provide more reliable intercepting, and to check for nearby bad guys when they have killed their interceptor target.
- Changed the DPS of the heavy laser equipped to remnant ships. Too powerful!