Released: Nov 13, 2012.
Previous: .78b/.79b (.80 was skipped.)
- Game "scale" to galaxy options.
- Game "pacing" to galaxy options.
- "defeated" status to empires so they don't bother you after they are dead.
- An internal "peace treaty" status so empires will not declare war on you immediately after negotiating a peace treaty, even if they still are angry at you.
- A bug in AI aiming. Should be much more accurate now.
- A bug where ships with shields were sometimes negating the damage from explosions.
- Issue where platforms and space stations built at a colony would overlap if they weren't shipyards.
- Increased FTL speeds across the board by roughly 40%.
- Increased default sensor range for each planet to a base of 500,000 (5 AU).
- Increased Slipstream Bonus to 40% from 20%.
- Improved numerous aspects of the AI.