Released: Dec 5, 2012
- Notifications for when two known races go to war.
- Notifications for when two known races make peace.
- A number of new Cruiser designs for Kulrathi, Opteris, Pollops.
- Right click to exit research screen (did you know you can right click the techs for a popup?)
- A "Relinquish Control" command to any ship that you are controlling.
- A Monetary Cost to rushing production. Changed various tooltips to reflect this.
- Foreground stars to provide a sense of depth.
- More random nebulous stuff in the background. Please provide feedback on the new stars/nebulas.
- 2 new ship modules, the internal bulkhead (1x1) and Reinforced Bulkhead (2x2). Both armors that are "I" only.
- A number of new cruiser designs for all races.
- An issue where certain personality types would not warn you if they were getting mad about your ships in their borders.
- An issue where the AI was still getting angry at you for having ships in their borders even if you have an open borders treaty.
- A small UI issue with shift click selecting the first fleet in your list even if you didn't click it.
- Issue where the AI was researching secret technologies without the proper pre-reqs.
- Issue where techs would overlap on the tech screen at low resolution when the secret techs are unlocked.
- An issue where projectiles would sometimes miss an outer layer of armor only to hit something inside the ship. This occurred with fast projectiles that would move far enough in a single frame to miss the collision detection. Added a raytrace test for this scenario to ensure accuracy.
- A crash that would happen if you killed 15 remnant ships in a single session.
- A bug where the warning about running out of money would trigger incorrectly if you corrected the situation.
- A bug where every race was getting a large boost to their colonist transport modifier.
- Passenger icon indicator to show how many population units a cargo ship is carrying, and changed the tooltip to reflect the above changes.
- ssue where your economy was in the green and a rebellion would occur anyway.
- Issue where a combat building that was defeated while you were not viewing the combat would not be removed from the planet, resulting in multiple instances of the building sticking around at 0 health.
- Issue with tooltips not displaying in the diplomacy screen if you had an item selected in the galaxy view before opening the screen.
- Some crash issues related to being in the colony screen when the enemy captures your planet.
- A bug where the AI were improperly holding off on clearing out systems they wanted to colonize when enemies were present; the AI should expand more aggressively now.
- A similar bug where the AI were not exploring artifacts in systems with enemies due to incorrect calculations about how much force strength they had available.
- Enhanced AI consideration of peace treaties to include more factors.
- The Station hull to be a little more vulnerable, with fewer "I" slots.
- The hitpoints of several weapons modules to have 100hp per module slot used.
- Some issues with colonist transport. Each unit of colonists being transported equals .001 population units. So 100 units worth of passengers will get you a .1 population point. This improves the function of the various colonist transport modifiers.
- Power penalty at warp from 3x to 2x, reduced power produced by power plants. Reduced power required for shields.
- Moved Flak Turret 3x3 to base space weapons to encourage AI cruiser construction.