Corsair ships carry high damage beam weaponry and are heavily shielded.
Blockade Runner (Frigate)
Note: Pirates will not invade planets, they will only shoot down other ships.
First Contact: CorsairsEdit
This mission triggers by discovering the Corsairs asteroid base.
- While patrolling the edges of space, your forces have stumbled upon a wretched hive of scum and villainy. A Corsair base! The Corsairs have sent you this message:
- Dearest friends, We are so happy that you have found us. Or rather, that you have allowed us to find you! Times are tough out here in the lonely black reaches of space, and when times get tough, well, the tough get to robbing honest space empires like your own. So we have a proposal for you. You will pay us 250 credits right now. If you do, then we can promise a certain level of 'protection' to your ships. If you don't, well, then we just can't make any promises. Oh, and either way, stay out of our space. Regards, Captain Martok, Independent Trader and Gentleman
- You will have the option of paying them 250 credits for them to remain neutral, or you can choose to refuse in which they will turn hostile and will send a fleet to attack the nearest system to their asteroid base.
This mission is triggered later in the game if you payed the Corsairs on the first contact.
- You hail the corsair captain. After a few short moments a crackling voice comes over the subspace communicator:
- Ah, well if it isn't our friends! Have you tired of our incursions? Are you ready to pay? Unfortunately, our expenses have increased recently and so our price has gone up!
- You will then have the option of paying them 1,000 credits for them to remain neutral, or you can choose to refuse in which they will turn hostile and will send another fleet to attack the nearest system to their asteroid base.