Troops are used in ground invasions of planets and in ship boarding actions. Each race has two types of troops: a basic infantry unit specific to that race, and the Spider Tank. All infantry units are identical except that Draylok, Human, and Ralyeh infantry are inferior in boarding actions. The Spider Tank offers superior hard attack, but is generally not worth the doubled cost.
Anomalies may also generate unaligned troops when disturbed.
Ground combat Edit
Troops can move 1 space every 10 seconds and attack every 10 seconds. The unit "fires" once for every current Strength of the unit. Each such shot has a percentage chance of doing 1 damage to the target equal to its soft or hard attack, depending on the target type. Note that some buildings are capable of attacking as well.
Boarding actions Edit
Troops can capture enemy ships by boarding them. They must be launched from their own shuttle:
- Launch from the Colony Overview screen by right-clicking on a planet tile
- Launch from the Ground Combat Screen by clicking the Launch button after selecting a troop
- Launch from any ship equipped with a Troop Assault Bay
- Open the Advanced Orders tab on the assault carrier
- Click the troops to launch their shuttles
- Right-click the ship you wish to capture
Defenders have the advantage of striking first. Ships can be softened up with most of its crew killed by using something like the Thalaron blaster. Larger ships are harder to capture, and modules such as Cockpit, Bridge, Combat Information Center, and Marine Barracks improve defensive capabilities.
List of troops Edit
- Antlion and Skeleton troops are hostile and have a chance of spawning when exploring anomalies.
- Antlion have a 100% chance of spawning when exploring a Mine.
|Icon||Troop||Race||Cost||Strength (Default)||Soft attack||Hard attack||Board attack|